The results from our Make Your Voice Heard contest are finally in! Thank you to everyone who participated by sending your feature idea in or voting on others. We received over 70 different feature ideas and had over 200 votes. The top 5 ideas are as follows in no particular order:
1) Add the capability to override the grade on individual problems instead of on an assignment as a whole.
Submitted by Donna Flint, South Dakota State University
2) Add features so WebAssign can be used as a student response system (“clicker”) with smartphone/web browsers.
Submitted by Peter Bohacek, Henry Sibley High School
3) Send students a text on their cell phone for assignments alerts.
Submitted by Jared Daily, North Platte Community College
4) Allow freezing of column headers (assignments) and rows headers (students) in GradeBook for viewing larger rosters of grades.
Submitted by Michael Lafreniere, Ohio University-Chillicothe
5) Add a sort feature to the “My Assignments” list
Submitted by Carole Simard, California Polytechnic State University & Cuesta Community College
Now comes the hard part! We need help picking which idea will be turned into a reality. Review the feature idea nominees and vote for your favorite by heading to our UserVoice or Facebook page. The winning idea will be announced after April 1st and the winner will receive a VIP trip to our 2012 WebAssign Users Group Meeting on June 21-22.
Stay tuned to our blog as the top 5 ideas, along with the professors who submitted them, are highlighted in spotlight posts throughout the coming weeks. If your idea was not picked this time, be assured that we are reviewing all of the wonderful ideas we received for future feature updates!