Have a better math/science/teaching joke than this one? Email us to have it posted as one of our future Friday Funnies!
We have an exciting lineup in the works for this year’s WebAssign Users Group Meeting! WAUG is not only a great opportunity for customers to network with each other and share best practices, but also a chance to talk with our internal experts and product managers to share feedback and learn about upcoming features. Read more about each of WebAssign’s product managers and register for WAUG today to reserve your spot at this great conference!
- Erik Epp is our Chemistry Product Manager. He received his Ph.D. from Purdue University with a focus on Physical Chemistry Education Research and did a Post-doc at St. Olaf College that focused on Green Chemistry and Education. He was involved in the implementation of the CASPiE program at Purdue, which is a research-based general chemistry laboratory for students. His research has included student-instructor interactions in online classrooms, student use and navigation of hypermedia, and educational impacts of green chemistry.
- Andy Trus is the Product Manager who oversees enhancements to core features of WebAssign, with the goal of continually improving the educational experience for instructors and students. He received his Bachelor’s Degree in Business and Master’s Degree in Human-Computer Interaction Design from Indiana University. With 3 years experience working in education technology as a UX designer prior to joining WebAssign, Andy is passionate about building products that help students learn, while keeping full control in the hands of the instructor.
- Jennifer Ferralli, our Math Product Manager, oversees the math product pipeline. She works with publishers and instructors to ensure that the product offering meets their needs. She received her Master of Arts in Mathematics from the University of South Carolina. As a teaching assistant at South Carolina, Jennifer taught College Algebra and Calculus, while also working in the tutoring center and Maple labs. Throughout her education, teaching and learning have always been a passion and a focus of hers.
- John Lepanto, the newest Product Manager on our team, oversees third party software integrations, including Learning Management Systems. He also manages disciplines such as statistics, astronomy, and even law! He graduated from the University of North Carolina at Asheville with a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration. He will graduate from North Carolina State University this summer with a Master’s in Business Administration with a concentration in Technology and Innovation Management.
- Matt Kohlmyer is our Physics Product Manager. He directs the physics product pipeline and works with publishers and instructors to ensure that the product offering meets their needs. He graduated with his Bachelor of Science in Physics from Duquesne University in 1997 and his Ph.D. in Physics from Carnegie Mellon University in 2005.
We are thrilled to announce the appointment of Dr. Barbara Illowsky to WebAssign’s board of directors. Dr. Illowsky joins a select group of business leaders in the technology industry and academic faculty members who work to uphold WebAssign’s mission to provide high-quality online instructional solutions that enrich the teaching and learning experience.
“We are pleased and fortunate to welcome Dr. Illowsky to our board of directors,” said Alex Bloom, WebAssign president. “As a strong advocate for using technology to increase access to education, Barbara is an ideal candidate to help guide the future of WebAssign.”
Dr. Illowsky has been a Professor of Mathematics and Statistics at De Anza College in California since 1989. She was one of the early leaders of open education in community colleges and is the co-author of the Collaborative Statistics and Introductory Statistics open textbooks. Other noteworthy achievements include being the first program director of the Community College Consortium for Open Education Resources and overseeing the statewide California Basic Skills Initiative.
As past president of the California Mathematics Council – Community Colleges (CMC3), Dr. Illowsky demonstrated leadership in improving math instruction through the use of online technologies and an interactive curriculum. In 2013, she received the international Educator ACE Award from the OpenCourseWare Consortium for her work in creating an open statistics textbook, along with her international leadership in promoting adoption of open educational resources as a way to increase access to education and improve learning. The textbook is now used by dozens of colleges worldwide.
“I am truly honored to become a part of this outstanding team,” stated Illowsky. “I admire the late Dr. John Risley immensely. His desire to create an effective learning system and his ethical leadership are among the reasons I accepted the invitation to join the corporate board of directors.”
Did you know that WebAssign has a wide selection of statistics content available?
WebAssign is proud to support many market-leading statistics textbooks through partnerships with Cengage Learning, OpenStax College, SAGE Publications, W.H. Freeman & Company, and Worldwide Center of Mathematics. Instant evaluation for every question gives direct feedback to students in real time and optional Hints, Tutorials, and Practice Another Version features provide additional learning opportunities.
Many of the textbooks WebAssign supports come with additional resources such as eBook links to the appropriate textbook section, video lectures, and technology demonstrations. WebAssign also offers the ability to easily create and edit your own statistics questions and this flexibility has enabled instructors to deliver thousands of their own questions.
Supporting More Than 50 Statistics Textbooks Including:
Brase and Brase, Understandable Statistics: Concepts and Methods 11th edition
Brase and Brase, Understanding Basic Statistics 6th edition
Illowksy and Dean, Introductory Statistics 1st edition
Johnson and Kuby, Elementary Statistics 11th edition
Johnson and Kuby, STAT 2nd edition
Mendenhall, Beaver, and Beaver, Introduction to Probability and Statistics 14th edition
Moore, McCabe, and Craig, Introduction to the Practice of Statistics 7th edition
Moore, Notz, and Fligner, The Basic Practice of Statistics 6th edition
Peck, Olsen, and Devore, Introduction to Statistics and Data Analysis 4th edition
Peck and Devore, Statistics: The Exploration and Analysis of Data 7th edition
Utts and Heckard, Mind on Statistics 4th edition
Yates, Moore, and Starnes, The Practice of Statistics 2nd edition
Browse the complete statistics textbooks collection to find your adopted textbook today!